Reviews of Wheels People
- Top dealer
No discount policy,but the car was good value
Peterz Reviewed 15th April 2017 3:30 PM
- Picked up a very nice AYGO from this dealer
Very happy with the car and service
Thanks to ash and his team
K Loughton Reviewed 20th March 2017 5:13 PM
- Huge choice of cars
Picked up a nice freelander
Good company to deal with
Fred Boyle Reviewed 24th February 2017 10:35 PM
- Just picked up our 6th car from the wheels people,always huge choice with great service
Ray mutch Reviewed 21st February 2017 6:51 PM
- Good car
Good service ,we are happy
Rob bignall Reviewed 18th February 2017 2:13 PM
- Good vehicle at a affordable price , very laid back approach,was given keys and told to take as long as I needed to view the vehicle
John merchant Reviewed 12th February 2017 1:19 PM
- Very helpful with no pressure
Good choice of cars
5stars from us
Billy Reviewed 11th February 2017 9:06 AM
- Nice car ,just what we were looking for a good price ,drove up from Devon and car was as described
Bill freeman Reviewed 27th January 2017 12:01 AM
- Was recommended to this company by a neighbour ,and found them very helpful and friendly , picking my fiesta up tomorrow
Please as punch so far
John coats Reviewed 23rd January 2017 7:56 PM
- Had the ideal car for me ,just passed my test and I love my citreon c1. Defo buy from this car dealer
Cattlin ford Reviewed 22nd January 2017 8:51 AM
- Huge choice of cars ,at very competitive prices
Would recommend ,very helpful in getting the car ready at short notice
Lucy jones Reviewed 17th January 2017 7:09 AM
- Got my 4th car from the wheels people
in October and as always.great service ,great car
Bob oberen Reviewed 16th January 2017 11:35 AM
- Hi we took over the management of the wheels people in mid 2014 so judge us from then and not before date pls, as it was not this management team who were running this business
Ash burton Reviewed 15th January 2017 7:26 PM
- Very happy with our purchase ,would defo buy again from the wheels people
John & Mary Bromley Reviewed 15th January 2017 7:18 PM
We took over the management of the wheels people in mid 2014 so judge us from then and not before that date as it was not this management team who running this business , thanks you
Ash Burton Reviewed 13th January 2017 8:57 PM
- Bought a Citroen Picasso 2006 auto from these guys 2 months ago. After a few days computer gave gearbox fault and would go into safe mode. However guys took car back and had valves on gearbox done. Car now drives like a dream and have ended up with a beautiful car with very low mileage at a great price. I really can’t understand the bad reviews as Ash who we were dealing with was a true gentleman. Would buy again from these any time.
John & Joy Reviewed 19th June 2015 1:12 PM
- bought a ka from these people great little car will buy from them again
tim Reviewed 12th October 2014 4:00 PM
- Keep away, do not buy a car from here please, bought one, it broke down on the way home after collecting it, the wheels people agreed to a garage near us to put a part on and they would pay for it, part went on, the wheels people totally refused to pay! Nasty horrid people, please go else where, there are plenty of Honest Garages around, but not this one, CMC, and if anyone is taking this garage to task and needs any other information on how these people work please contact me.
Catherine C Reviewed 25th June 2014 12:38 PM
- DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!!! took payment for a car from a friend and said he would deliver 2 days later. I researched the car and found it to be not what was described. my friend said she wanted a refund as she changed her mind.this was agreed as he apparently sold the car to someone else anyway long story short, 1 month later after agreeing a refund 2 bounced checks, a failed refund transaction with the card machine he now has said to her she is not getting her money back and says take him to court he doesn't care. ???? how can he take her money and no car delivered and not give the money back. don't think this guy realises the storm im about to bring his way!!!!! if I could select 0 stars I would have
lee.c Reviewed 5th March 2014 5:58 PM
- Absolute joke of a car dealership - they are selling death traps and have admitted being taken to court and losing on multiple occasions. If you value your life and money steer well clear.
Anon Reviewed 30th December 2013 10:30 PM
- My girlfriend put down a refundable £100 deposit and paid £40, non refundable, for an MOT prior to potentially buying a car. That night decided against it and would obviously swallow the cost of the MOT. When she phoned in the next morning and explained she was told she could only speak to the salesman who she dealt with and he wasn't in till tomorrow. Next day same thing again but a lot ruder, really upset her. I phoned in on day 3 after she'd been given the run around again and got nothing but ABUSE down the phone because I had to fake an interest in another car just get someone on the phone to discuss a refund. Got told a cheque would be posted out and got hung up on. I immediately went to collect it from them and much to my annoyance the abusive owner, apparently, wasn't there and another salesman refunded me. It was perfectly clear to me from the small set up there that every time my girlfriend phoned in they new exactly what was going on and were just trying to take advantage of a young woman. Don't ever, ever deal with them. Its people like this that make buying a car such a nerve racking experience if you don't have a lot of money. This lot dont even deserve 1 star. I repeat, don't ever go to this place.
Anonymous Reviewed 10th December 2013 4:27 PM
- As with the above reviewer, I bought a car from them only to have the clutch fail within a few weeks. I couldn't drive the car so had it repaired locally and the wheels people would only pay £150 of the £400 bill as they wouldn't have to account for the labour part of the repair.I felt very badly treated especially as it took a lot of calls and three months to great the money back. Only buy from them if you really know a lot about cars and can do a full check before you buy, i.e. don't buy from them!
Mr B Reviewed 23rd August 2013 9:57 AM
- I took my car back twice within a month and the issue wasn't resolved! I then had the same problem with the kids in the car so took it to a proper garage and its been fine ever since. I doubt I will ever get a response to my letter of complaint!
Dean Reviewed 11th July 2013 5:48 PM
- Not even one star rating, if it were up to me they would have negative stars. I purchased a car with a 12 month MOT, and after taking it to our trusted mechanic, whom my family have dealt with for over 10 years, they flagged up a few problems needing urgent attention. Having no advisories on the MOT i was surprised to learn that i had to pay a few hundred pounds to make the car what I would consider safe. I am in the process of trying to be refunded by the dealer,and hope to reach an amicable conclusion. I will keep you updated on the outcome.
Peter Bradley-Kidd Reviewed 9th July 2013 5:09 PM
- Half star rating. Would not recommend this company as the car i purchased from them broke down within 11 days, i then had to return the car back to them of which it took 8 days for them to repair, when i eventually got my car back within another 4 days there was another fault so i requested my money back. He tried to offer me another vehicle which i declined as i have no trust in there selection of cars. Very unsatisfied.
Anonymous Reviewed 8th May 2013 4:21 PM
- Would not recommend.
Bought a car from here only to discover a forged MOT, forged log book and over £1000 over work needed doing to the car and next to no break pads left.
Be very careful.
annoymous Reviewed 5th April 2013 6:24 PM
- good people and very trustworthy would buy again
steven wash Reviewed 16th December 2012 12:15 AM
- update to previous comment.Thankyou Wheel People for hunouring your promise to me.. last comment should of had 4 out of 5, pressed wrong. Car I brought from them was a great car I was at fault not the wheel people. Great people for buying a car from.
jean Reviewed 7th December 2012 5:52 PM
- Brought a Manual car( even though I've driven autos for years) but was told any problem and it would be sorted. Found out within days because of health reasons changing gear was causing bad pain in left leg. I phoned them up straight away,was told icould switch to auto but would lose money and would have to pay more. No suitable cars were available also no more cash. I asked ifthey would buy car back,days later phoned up again and was offered amount which was a lot less money but a car i can't drive is no good to me so I agreed.After many phone calls and three weeks later Iam still waiting for them to honour their agreement. Iwill stay positive on their promise being kept, will update soon hopefully with a Good news.
jean Reviewed 8th November 2012 11:15 PM
- cant understand the bad reviews got a 2005 ka in april 2012 and its been excellent good guys at the wheels people
mick lovett watford Reviewed 19th October 2012 11:50 PM
- Well reading the 3 reviews i have to totally disagree with all 3. 2 years ago i bought a ford ka 52 plate for 2k im still driving it now and love it. 6 months ago i got my daughter her 1st car a fiat punto from these guys she loves it. It made a knocking noise they told me to bring it down and they fixed it the same day. So i certainly would recommend them to people which i have done
shelley warren Reviewed 30th August 2012 9:42 PM
- they are rubbish
richard Jolly Reviewed 29th August 2012 6:24 PM
- I wich I had read these reviews before buying the car all said is true which is a shame that dishonest dealers like this are in business all I can say is do not buy anthing from these guys also they are like ghosts look at the sales invoice nothing on it so you cannot get to them.
Heath Reviewed 29th August 2012 2:56 PM
- AS previous review given.This place is a joke we bought a corsa for £2000. The brake pads needed replacing even tho had a new mot. it began leaking oil and now 4months down the line the engine has blown up as the piston rings had worn out. I have been told the oil that was in the engine was far to heavy for the engine which apparently covers up the noise! rang them up and they are useless. Takes ages to get through to them and they are less than helpfull.
Do not buy a car from here, however good it looks!
Darren Smith Reviewed 29th June 2012 7:14 PM
- i bought a car from the wheels people, after 1 week i found myself in quickfit as all the break fluid started leaking out and when i was there i also discovered that the break pads and break disks needed replacing, when i went to claim the money back for the repair from the wheels people under their 60 day guarantee i found out that they would only agree to pay half of what it cost me to repair because they said thats what it would of cost them to repair it (even though i could not have driven the car to them because i had no break fluid!!!) this was a month ago and they are supposed to be sending me a cheque. to arrange this cheque every time i called i was told that he wasnt in the office and i should call back tomorrow or he wasnt at his desk call back in 15 minutes but when i did call back he wouldnt answer my calls, or id call and he had no reception call back later. i finally got through to him and he told me that someone sent me a cheque to the address on my invoice on friday, well its now wednesday and i havent recieved it. if i dont have mt cheque by the end of the week i will be going to trading standards.
sophie Reviewed 13th June 2012 12:43 PM
- a 3 grand car require 3 grand repairs after a week.... DO NOT TRUST THEIR MOT THEY PROVIDE they one they gave didn't even mention the lack of break pads
Jonathan Eggleton Reviewed 9th March 2012 6:34 PM
Rating history and distribution
Add a review
Photos of Wheels People
No photos posted yet
Be the first to post a photo!
Add a photo
Ebury House, Ebury Road, Rickmansworth, WD3 1BL (1.22 miles)
High street West, High Street, Rickmansworth, WD3 1AY (1.28 miles)
L U Station Rickmansworth, Station Approach, Rickmansworth, WD3 1QY (1.31 miles)
Bury lane (MS), Bury Lane, Rickmansworth, WD3 1DN (1.33 miles)
Bury lane (LS ), Bury Lane, Rickmansworth, WD3 1DN (1.33 miles)
Train stations near
Rickmansworth tube (Metropolitan) (1.31 miles)
Chorleywood tube (Metropolitan) (2.14 miles)
Croxley tube (Metropolitan) (2.70 miles)
Moor Park tube (Metropolitan) (2.71 miles)
Northwood tube (Metropolitan) (3.26 miles)
ATM cash points near
These cash machines are near to Wheels People Car dealer